Common case material Classification:
1.Stainless steel material. normally 304 stainless steel and 316L stainless steel.
Many articles in our life are 304 stainless steel, such as pots, pipes, tableware, doors and so on, and most watches are made of 304 stainless steel.
316L stainless steel is generally used on Medical care equipment, its corrosion resistance is better, so the price will be a little higher. But more and more customers are using 316L stainless steel as watchcase to have a higher quality.
2. Zinc alloy. Zinc alloys are widely used in the middle and low-end market because of their low cost and fast production time. If the budget is low, you can consider using this material, but the feeling and weight of alloy material are worse than stainless steel.
3. Brass material. Copper material is a little heavier than alloy material. Its weight is better than alloy, but worse than stainless steel. Production cost and time are in the middle. Because the material is relatively soft and easy to be inlaid with diamond, it is mostly used on women's stone watches.
4. Aluminum material. beacuse it has a weak influence on the signal, it is mostly used in smart watches.
5. Titanium material, it’s very hot material in recent years, because it has better corrosion resistance and anaphylaxis. But the processing is hard, and the production time and production cost are higher.
6. Ceramics. dating back to the 1980s, Ceramic materials were first used in the manufacture of watches and clocks. The ceramic is acid resistant, not easy to be corroded by oxygen core, wear-resistant, not easy to be scratched, hard and not easy to be twisted and deformed, but brittle. These three characteristics make the ceramic case a great success.
For the choice of the watch case material, in fact, it largely depends on the budget and usage. You can choose according to the above description. I hope this article will be helpful to you. If you have any questions, please contact us (find more contact at the bottom of the website)