How much do you know about watches?
How much do you know about watches? Do you know the classification of watches? Do you know the difference between mechanical watches and quartz watches? Do you know what to do if your watch gets wet? There are so many mysteries in the world of watches that need to be discovered and explored.
Classification of watches
Watches on the market are roughly divided into two categories: mechanical and quartz electronics. Additional functions of mechanical watches include automatic winding, calendar display, multi-hand indication, etc. Quartz electronic watches have many additional functions, especially electronic watches with digital display, and the decorative functions of the appearance are even more colorful. High value-added ones include sapphire watch glass, ceramic case, tungsten steel case, and diamond-encrusted craftsmanship. In terms of wearing style and requirements, it can be divided into formal watches, casual watches, formal casual watches, sports watches, and professional chronographs. Generally speaking, different styles of watches should be worn on different occasions. From the wearer's point of view, it can be divided into men's, women's, unisex and children's.
The difference between a mechanical watch and a quartz watch
Mechanical watches rely on mainspring winding to provide power and keep time through gear transmission. Mechanical watches are divided into manual winding and automatic winding. Due to the complex structure, the phenotype is thicker. Because of the characteristics of the travel time principle, it is affected by gravity, mechanical friction, temperature changes, usage conditions, etc., so the error is larger than that of quartz watches. Quartz watches rely on batteries to provide power, and the extremely stable high-frequency vibration of quartz crystals is used as the benchmark of time, so the travel time of quartz watches is more accurate and the cost is relatively low, which can be described as high quality and low price. Of course, although the appearance of quartz watches has a great impact on traditional mechanical watches, it still cannot completely replace mechanical watches. Many men or collectors still like the traditional sense of mechanical watches.
How to solve the problem of rust spots on the all-steel case
Under normal circumstances, all-steel watches do not rust, but everything is relative. There are many types of stainless steel. The sweat excreted by the human body contains hydrochloric acid. If the watch is worn on the hand, if it is eroded by sweat for a long time or the acid, alkali and salt dirt is allowed to accumulate without being wiped off, the watch case will gradually appear rust spots, especially the low recesses of the back cover. Therefore, you should pay attention to the maintenance of the watch at ordinary times, and often wipe off the dust accumulation, sweat, etc. on the case. In addition, you should try to avoid wearing the watch under strong acid, strong alkali and other occasions, so that the all-steel case will not appear rust.
How to choose a watch by its appearance
(1) The watch glass should be clear, smooth, free of blisters, scratches and cracks, and should be closely matched with the watch case.
(2) The case should be uniform in color, without obvious scratches, defects and rust.
(3) The back cover of the watch is clearly marked, fits closely with the case, and the sealing ring must not be exposed.
(4) The three hands of hour, minute and second should be straight, and there should be appropriate gaps between the needle and the needle, between the needle and the dial surface, and between the needle and the watch glass.
(5) The dial surface should be clean, uniform in color, clear in trademark and scale. Calendar characters are well positioned within the box. The digital display handwriting is clear and free of defects.
(6) The movement of the mechanical watch (back-through type or hollow type) has no plastic parts, and the oscillating weight rotates smoothly.
I want to say Goodbye to you again.This concludes today's sharing.Thank you for your support to Window's Clock & Watch CO.,LTD .!